2022 New York State Department of Health’s Bureau of Women, Infant, and Adolescent Health Provider Meeting
The 2022 BWIAH Provider Meeting will convene provider groups supported by the Bureau of Women, Infant, and Adolescent Health (BWIAH): Comprehensive Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention; Enough is Enough; Family Planning Program; Healthy Families NY; Maternal and Infant Community Health Collaboratives; Nurse-Family Partnerships; Personal Responsibility Education Program; Rape Prevention Education; and Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Program.
The theme for the upcoming Provider Meeting is Building on Community Strengths for Health and Justice.
Within that theme are the following focus areas:
- Administration and Organizational Strength-Building: SWOT analysis; SMART objectives; Staff retention/motivation; Logic models; Sustainability; Connecting and collaborating with other community groups and organizations
- Centering Community Voices and Creating Action: Participant panels; Hosting focus groups and listening sessions; Implementing community input; Engaging community in prevention work; Youth-led workshops
- Building Capacity for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice: Bias; Transformational justice; Sexual and reproductive justice; Social justice; Poverty; Prejudice
- Rebuilding After COVID: Innovation in programming; Lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Mental Health and Social-Emotional Wellness: Self- and community-care; Coping with own burnout; Healthy relationships; Stalking; Translating information and delivering it to young people; Effects of media and social media on adolescent development and well-being
- Effective Communication: Group facilitation; Virtual facilitation; Social media outreach; Social media for youth engagement; Producing digital content; Outreach strategies to engage community members
Registration is now open for the 2022 Provider Meeting of the NYSDOH Bureau of Women, Infant and Adolescent Health (BWIAH)!
WHEN and WHERE
The event will be held virtually July 19 – 21, 2022.
You must have a Zoom account. Free accounts are available here: https://zoom.us/. Using the registration link, register using the email associated with your Zoom account. Know your affiliation (provider group and program agency) before you start.
PROVIDER MEETING AGENDA
For an overview of keynotes and workshop topics and descriptions, see: 2022 BWIAH Provider Meeting Program
Questions for Family Planning Program staff? Submit your questions here. NYSDOH will review questions and try to answer as many as possible during the Family Planning Program provider group session.
General questions about the event? Email email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
What is the cost? There is no cost to attend, however registration is limited.
Who should attend? Project directors/coordinators are expected to attend; clinical staff, educators and outreach workers, and administrators are also welcome.
How many people per agency can attend? Up to 3 participants per Family Planning Program agency may attend. If your agency has more than one provider group contract, you may send 3 participants from each provider group. (For example, if your agency has both a CAPP and a Family Planning Program contract, you are eligible to send 6 participants.)
How can I find out more about the Zoom platform? Watch a tutorial here.
What happens after I register? There is only one link for the entire event, this link is called a “ticket.” Upon completing registration, you will receive an email directly from Zoom Events with your ticket.
We look forward to seeing you in July!