2022 New York State Department of Health’s Bureau of Women, Infant, and Adolescent Health Provider Meeting
The 2022 BWIAH Provider Meeting will convene provider groups supported by the Bureau of Women, Infant, and Adolescent Health (BWIAH): Comprehensive Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention; Enough is Enough; Family Planning Program; Healthy Families NY; Maternal and Infant Community Health Collaboratives; Nurse-Family Partnerships; Personal Responsibility Education Program; Rape Prevention Education; and Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Program.
The theme for the upcoming Provider Meeting is Building on Community Strengths for Health and Justice.
Within that theme are the following focus areas:
- Administration and Organizational Strength-Building: SWOT analysis; SMART objectives; Staff retention/motivation; Logic models; Sustainability; Connecting and collaborating with other community groups and organizations
- Centering Community Voices and Creating Action: Participant panels; Hosting focus groups and listening sessions; Implementing community input; Engaging community in prevention work; Youth-led workshops
- Building Capacity for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice: Bias; Transformational justice; Sexual and reproductive justice; Social justice; Poverty; Prejudice
- Rebuilding After COVID: Innovation in programming; Lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Mental Health and Social-Emotional Wellness: Self- and community-care; Coping with own burnout; Healthy relationships; Stalking; Translating information and delivering it to young people; Effects of media and social media on adolescent development and well-being
- Effective Communication: Group facilitation; Virtual facilitation; Social media outreach; Social media for youth engagement; Producing digital content; Outreach strategies to engage community members