Family Planning Program Orientation
This training provides an overview of the requirements for agencies funded by the New York State Department of Health’s Comprehensive Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care Services Program, referred to as the New York State Family Planning Program.
This training is for all staff who work in New York State Family Planning Program-funded agencies. The training includes:
- Section 1. Basic services of the New York State Family Planning Program
- Section 2. Service delivery program requirements
- Section 3. Fiscal and administrative program requirements
- Section 4. Supportive resources
Throughout this training, you will be asked to read new information, watch videos, reflect, and conduct interactive activities.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Define the scope of services offered by New York State Family Planning Program providers
- Explain who are considered family planning clients and should have a Client Visit Record (CVR) completed and reported
- Describe the New York State Family Planning Program requirements for service delivery
- List the fiscal and administrative requirements of the New York State Family Planning Program
- Identify resources to support implementation of a Family Planning Program compliant with New York State program requirements
The course takes about 1 hour to complete. You can leave and come back to this course at any time. If you do leave the course, you will need to select the lesson from the menu of lessons on the left to return to your place in the course.
For participants using screen readers or other assistive technology, we recommend that you download the text-based course PDF here.