New York City Regional Workshop on Community Participation, Community Education, and Project Promotion (CPEP)
The New York State Family Planning Training Center hosted three in-person training’s on Community Participation, Community Education, and Project Promotion (CPEP). The New York City training was held on Friday, September 20, 2019 from 8:30 AM–4:00 PM at the New York City – CUNY Law School, 2 Court Square, Long Island City, NY
Workshops were facilitated by Lisa Anne Schamus and Caitlin Hungate of the New York State Family Planning Training Center. During the workshop, participants:
- Reviewed NYSDOH expectations for CPEP, including evaluating CPEP activities
- Discussed strategies for conducting needs assessments to inform CPEP activities
- Discussed strategies for conducting outreach to partners and enhancing in-reach to clients
- Engaged in several opportunities to discuss existing and promising CPEP approaches used by FPP agencies
- Began to develop a CPEP Plan including at least one outreach and in-reach activity
On May 19th & 20th, 2020 the NYS Department of Health BWIAH Provider Meeting will take place at The Desmond Hotel, located at 660 Albany Shaker Road in Albany.
In this webinar, we present findings from a study by ACT for Youth –working with providers from across DOH initiatives–asked adolescents, young adults, and health care professionals, on where New York State’s adolescents and young adults getting their sexual and reproductive health care.
The New York State Family Planning Training Center is hosting regional, in-person workshops for staff who provide clinical services at Family Planning Program (FPP) provider organizations. Participants in the workshop will strengthen and advance their capacity and skills talking about race, mitigating bias, and implementing strategies that advance health equity.