Trauma-Informed Care Regional Training
The New York State Family Planning Training Center hosted four in-person trainings on providing trauma-informed care. Trainings were facilitated by Dr. Sheela Raja, an Associate Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Medicine and a clinical psychologist with a background in PTSD.
The objectives for participants were to be able to:
- Understand how trauma is processed behaviorally, emotionally, and physiologically
- Discuss how traumatic events are related to negative ways of coping and disease outcomes
- Communicate effectively with trauma survivors through universal trauma precautions
- Apply at least one suggestion for providing trauma-informed care for family planning services
- Utilize appropriate screening