Pregnancy Options Counseling Certification Program
This virtual training teaches participants how to assist patients in meeting their immediate reproductive goals by offering neutral, factual, and unbiased support and information. Participants learn how to provide effective patient-centered options counseling informed by medically accurate information about pregnancy, parenting, abortion and adoption. This training is essential for anyone who counsels or educates others about pregnancy outcome options. Pregnancy Options Counseling Certification is received upon passage of an online final exam and uploaded pregnancy options counseling session video and is valid for five years.
Register here. If you are prompted for an enrollment key, it is: PregOptions-Feb2023-NY-4287
Online modules = 2.5 hours
Instructor-led Zoom sessions = 8 hours:
- Zoom #1: Thursday, February 2nd, 1:00 – 3:00 PM ET
- Zoom #2: Thursday, February 9th, 1:00 – 3:00 PM ET
- Zoom #3: Thursday, February 16th, 1:00 – 3:00 PM ET
- Zoom #4: Thursday, February 23rd, 1:00 – 3:00 PM ET
- Nurses, RNs, LVNs
- Counselors + Social Workers
- Health Educators + Health Education Specialists
- Sexuality or Peer Educators
- Medical Assistants
After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Assess your personal opinions and beliefs concerning pregnancy options and decisions
- Identify federal and state laws and guidelines for conducting a pregnancy options counseling session
- Describe the key elements of parenting, adoption, and abortion to patients
- Create a quality pregnancy options referral list
- Apply patient-centered counseling techniques to conduct an unbiased, nonjudgmental and non-coercive pregnancy options counseling session
The course fee includes CE processing (CPH = 10.5; CHES = 10.5; Nursing = 12.6; CME = 10.5).
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 10.5 credits.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 10.5 contact hours.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 12.6 contact hours.
Essential Access Health is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Essential Access Health designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
December 14, 2023
Clinical Service Providers Affinity Group
May 07, 2024
2024 NYSFPP Provider Meeting