Buffalo Regional Workshop on Community Participation, Community Education, and Project Promotion (CPEP)
The New York State Family Planning Training Center hosted three in-person training’s on Community Participation, Community Education, and Project Promotion (CPEP). The Buffalo training was held on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 8:30 AM–4:00 PM at the Millennium Buffalo, 2040 Walden Ave., Buffalo, NY.
Workshops were facilitated by Lisa Anne Schamus and Caitlin Hungate of the New York State Family Planning Training Center. During the workshop, participants:
- Reviewed NYSDOH expectations for CPEP, including evaluating CPEP activities
- Discussed strategies for conducting needs assessments to inform CPEP activities
- Discussed strategies for conducting outreach to partners and enhancing in-reach to clients
- Engaged in several opportunities to discuss existing and promising CPEP approaches used by FPP agencies
- Began to develop a CPEP Plan including at least one outreach and in-reach activity
On May 19th & 20th, 2020 the NYS Department of Health BWIAH Provider Meeting will take place at The Desmond Hotel, located at 660 Albany Shaker Road in Albany.
In this one-hour webinar, Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi, Assistant Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine, will help participants consider how health literacy and numeracy factors into verbal communication (e.g., explaining procedures, options available, next steps) and apply plain language principles to creating and selecting written materials that are accessible to all patients.